Surprisingly good! This was a dish my husband Tim made for me one night and has become a bit of a favourite since. You must give it a go … and if you can’t find okra just use eggplant and courgettes. Very simple too!
- One onion
- 2 T green curry paste
- One clove garlic
- Two eggplants
- About two cups Okra
- 400gm tin tomatoes
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 2 T tomato paste
- Fresh basil leaves
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise into 2cm wide strips, lay on paper towels and salt to dry out
- Bring a saucepan to medium heat with 2T coconut oil, and sauté the onion until clear.
- Add green curry paste and fry off until fragrant.
- Cut the eggplant into 2cm cubes and then add it to the saucepan, and cook the eggplant until soft.
- Add the okra, sliced diagonally into ½” pieces and tomatoes plus tomato paste, adding more water until veges are covered. Cook until veges are soft and then season further if required.
- Add coconut milk and basil and simmer a bit longer then serve with rice.