Looking for a grain-free, lower carb summer salad? This cauliflower rice salad is light and refreshing, whilst still adding a bit of substance to your meal.
You can easily adapt this recipe to suit the flavours you like and ingredients you have on hand. Be creative!
½ cauliflower grated
Seasonal vegetables chopped. Such as:
- Pumpkin peeled
- Red cabbage chopped
- 2 shallots, red onion or scallions
Fresh coriander chopped
Fresh mint, chopped
½ cup roasted almonds
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp mild curry powder
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon of almond slivers
Juice and rind of a lemon
Splash of apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
A drizzle of honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180c and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place chopped vegetables on one tray (I just used what I had in my fridge – fennel, courgette, capsicum), and sprinkle with paprika, cumin, cinnamon and coconut oil.
- Place grated cauliflower on the other tray and sprinkle with chopped shallots/onion, season with salt and curry powder, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Place both trays in the oven for 20 mins (or until cooked).
- Lightly toast the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a pan or oven with a splash of coconut oil and salt
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, place cooked vegetables, some raw chopped red onion and/or spring onions, coriander, mint, and cauliflower rice. Mix well.
- Stir through most of the pumpkin, sunflower seeds and almond slivers (I save a few for the top)
- Drizzle with dressing and mix again.