This has to be one of my all time favourite desserts.
As my husband will attest, our compost bin is possibly 25% Avocado stones, and this chocolate mousse could well be the culprit! What I like about it is that it is a very simple, quick and healthy dessert with a beautiful creamy texture and can be easily adapted to different flavours!
- 5 medium-large avocados
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream (add more if needed)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- stevia to taste (for sugar free), or 1/4 cup rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For “Mint Slice” mousse (my fav): 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (or a few drops of peppermint essential oils) … adjust to suit your taste
- For “Reeses Peanut Butter Cups” mousse: add 1-2 tablespoons 100% peanut butter
- For “Spicy Chocolate”: add 1/2 tsp of ground cardamon and/or a pinch of chilli
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Chill and enjoy
- Texture and size of avocados can vary, so adjust quantities as needed until you reach a thick, creamy and rich mousse
- Freezes wonderfully, and I sometimes enjoy eating it semi-frozen like ice cream